Psychology addresses the mental processes controlling attention, perceptions, thoughts, emotions, motivation and behaviors.
It is used in the treatment of mental disorders such as:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Exhaustion (burn-out)
- Mourning, divorce, loss of autonomy, retirement
- Obsessive compulsive disorder, phobias
- Personality disorders (borderline, psychotic)
- Relationship problems (relational, sexual, separation)
- Parental Coaching
Psychology interventions are also favorable in situations of persistent (chronic) pain, situations in which emotional distress is frequently present. In addition to the wellness resulting from the treatment of the post-traumatic stress disorder, from the emotional support and teaching of self-management tools, the person suffering from persistent pain can also benefit from a reduction in pain via therapies such as hypnosis. The resulting pain reduction will enhance the effectiveness of physical therapies, such as kinesiology treatments, recommended in case of chronic pain.