Physiotherapy is a health discipline involved in the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of impairments and disabilities affecting the musculoskeletal (muscles, joints, bones) and neurological systems (nerves, spinal cord).
Its role is to help recover physical abilities through a variety of treatment modalities including manual techniques, exercises, electrotherapy, ultrasound therapy and thermotherapy (ice / heat).
The physiotherapist deals with:
- Cervical trauma (whiplash)
- Vestibular disorders
- Plantar fasciitis
- Lenoir’s thorn
- Muscle tears
- Ligamentous sprain, tendonitis, bursitis
- Cervicalgia, back pain and low back pain
- Epicondylites (Tennis elbow)
- Urinary incontinence
- Arthritis, osteoarthritis, etc.
- Post-surgical rehabilitation